Position Title: Camera Operator
Duration: Sept. 11, 2021 to Mar. 2022
Hourly Rate: $30 / honorarium per game
The Port Moody Panthers are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for setting up the broadcast equipment and operating the video camera for all Panthers home games during the 2021-22 regular season and playoffs.
The camera operator is a key member of the Panthers HockeyTV online broadcast. Working with a veteran play-by-play announcer and colour commentator, the camera operator will produce a professional, engaging broadcast for Pacific Junior Hockey League fans around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an energetic, team-based sport environment in the PJHL. Please note that most events take place on Saturday nights, and as such applicants must be available to work most Saturday nights.
The successful candidate is required to commit to 3-4 hours per game, arriving a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Set up and test broadcast equipment prior to game time
- Operate camera during each game
- Troubleshoot any technical problems that arise during the broadcast
- Broadcast equipment take down and return to the Panthers dressing room
- Ability to work all Panthers home games (minimum 22 during the regular season)
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Experience in sports media an asset
- Experience in live broadcast production an asset
- Knowledge of hockey an asset
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills
Send resume to:
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.