Position Title: Game Night Announcer
Duration: Sept. 11, 2021 to Mar. 2022
Hourly Rate: $30 / honorarium per game
The Port Moody Panthers are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual responsible for being the game night announcer at all Panthers home games during the 2021-22 regular season and playoffs.
As a member of the Panthers game night staff, you are responsible for the announcement of information over the in-house PA system at the timekeeper’s bench including, but not limited to, the introduction of players, game-related announcements like scoring plays, and penalties, and sponsorship promotional announcements.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an energetic, team-based sports environment in the Pacific Junior Hockey League. Please note that most events take place on Saturday nights, and as such applicants must be available to work most Saturday nights.
The successful candidate is required to commit to 3-4 hours per game, arriving a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Announce game-related announcements (such as goals, penalties, etc.).
- Learn to pronounce the names of all players on both teams
- Understand the rules and language of the sport.
- Review script and communicate announcements at requested times
- Work with the game-day officials, scorekeeper, and DJ to enhance the game-day experience for the fans
- Ability to work all Panthers home games (minimum 22 during the regular season)
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Working knowledge of hockey
- Passion for entertainment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Outgoing and positive personality and team spirit
- Speech clarity in English
Send resume to:
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.