The Port Moody Panthers are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for the game night announcements and in-game music for all home games during the 2023-24 regular season and playoffs.
The Public Address Announcer/Game Night DJ is a key member of the fan experience during our home games.
You are responsible for the announcement of information over the in-house PA system at the timekeeper’s bench including, but not limited to, the introduction of players, game-related announcements like scoring plays, and penalties, and sponsorship promotional announcements. This role also controls all music played during the game and adapts the content to the situation.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an energetic, team-based sports environment in the Pacific Junior Hockey League. Please note that most games take place on Saturday nights, and as such, applicants must be available to work most Saturday nights. There are also a few Sunday night games.
Applicants are required to have their own music as well as a laptop/tablet/iPad (with headphone jack) to play audio, but a soundboard and all wiring are provided.
The successful candidate is required to commit to 3-4 hours per game, arriving a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Announce game-related announcements (such as goals, penalties, etc.).
- Learn to pronounce the names of all players on both teams
- Understand the rules and language of the sport.
- Review script and communicate announcements at requested times
- Music for the duration of the game (In-game, warm-up, stoppage)
- Create a variety of playlists ahead of time
- Work with the game-day officials and scorekeeper to enhance the game-day experience for the fans
- Ability to work all Panthers home games (minimum 22 during the regular season)
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Experience as a DJ is an asset
- Knowledge of hockey is an asset
- Speech clarity in English
- Passion for music and entertainment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to stand for long periods
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- $60 / honorarium per game
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to General Manager Brian Wiebe at email@example.com.